On June 28th, I held my public meeting under the Gold Dome with a focus group on investment policy in Georgia. We had a number of leaders in the industry come and speak about a variety of capital formation and generation issues. Take a look at the powerpoint presentation below complete with links and documents for your review.
A special shout out to those that presented and were on the panel:
- Charlie Jarrett and Noula Zaharis (Georgia Secretary of State’s office, Securities Division)
- Tino Mantella (President of the Technology Association of Georgia)
- State of Atlanta StartUp Ecosystem Report , Adam Harrell (Executive Director of StartUp Atlanta)
- Association for Corporate Growth, Melanie Brandt (Executive Director of ACG Atlanta, Inc.)
- Allyson Eman (Executive Director with Venture Atlanta)
Barry Etra, Chair
- Barry Etra worked in Sales and Marketing, Operations, and General Management for manufacturing organizations in the Northeast. In 2014 he founded the RAISE Forum in partnership with Emory; they help early-stage companies in the Southeast get senior funding from the Southeast, which helps keep companies here. He has a BA and an MBA from Columbia University.
Leaf Life Learning
- Dharma “DVL” Jackson is born and raised in metro Atlanta, GA. She has earned her degree in Criminal Justice Georgia Perimeter College. Ms. Jackson is also a Grammy member recording artist in the local Atlanta Chapter and has over 16 years in the film and music entertainment industry.
QuarryFish Venture Partners
- Terrance Ashanta-Barker is Co-Founder and Managing Director of QuarryFish Venture Partners, LLC (“QuarryFish”). Mr. Ashanta-Barker is responsible for all of the firm’s operational activities related to the execution and management of its investments in its current and growing portfolio of companies. Ashanta-Barker co-founded a corporate law boutique, the Ashanta-Barker & Johnson Law Group, LLC.
Atlanta Technology Angels
- Dan King is an attorney who has practiced law since 1980, most of it as a partner in the Atlanta and NY offices of King & Spalding. He is active in the Atlanta angel investor community, as the organizer of the Gwinnett Angels and in serving on the board of the Atlanta Technology Angels. He has made direct investments in over 10 start-up ventures.
Mountain Share Transfer
- Nelson has been active in the securities industry for 27 years, starting out as a stock broker following graduation from college in 1989. In 1995, he launched Coral Capital Partners, Inc., an advisory services firm that provides services to participants in the capital markets. In late 2012, he acquired Mountain Share Transfer, whose clients range from small private companies to NASDAQ listed firms
Dana Clare Redden
- Dana Clare Redden is the CEO of Solar Concierge, which she started in 2012 with the goal of educating and marketing to the now cost-competitive solar energy market. After seeing the light while helping people utilize solar energy in San Diego, Riverside, and Orange County, California in 2009, she sought to bring solar to the Southeast with a business model that would empower the client through knowledge, industry connections, and multiple funding sources. Dana is currently on the Board of Directors for the Georgia Solar Energy Association, where she serves as Education Committee chair, is a LEED Accredited Professional, and is a member of the Buckhead Rotary Club.
NOTE: If you are interested in being on my email list for events and other initiatives in the space of private investments, please email me at email@example.com, Subject: Private Investment Project.
I am Dar’shun Kendrick, Private Securities Attorney and Owner of Kendrick Law Practice, helping businesses raise capital the LEGAL way. We work with “for profit” companies seeking to raise $250,000 or more through private capital (including crowdfunding) that have a line item budgeted for legal services. We do NOT find investors or introduce companies to investors; that is the job of “broker-dealers” and we are prohibited under federal securities law from doing so. I have 2 B.A.s from Oglethorpe University, a law degree from the University of Georgia and an M.B.A. from Kennesaw State University. View past and upcoming speaking engagements and request me to speak to your organization. I have been elected to the Georgia House of Representatives (East DeKalb/South Gwinnett) since 2011 and I serve on Juvenile Justice, Judiciary Non-Civil and as the ranking Democrat on the Small Business and Job Creation Committee.
You may be interested in my non-profit organization as well to EDUCATE and EMPOWER minorities:
We are ONLY authorized to practice law in Georgia and therefore any legal advice in this blog only pertains to Georgia based businesses. Please visit us online to sign up for a time to discuss services or for our 1 hour consultation.
Follow us on social media: