Introduction: What Should You Take Away?
It’s simple. The take away is NEVER, EVER stop learning. As a business owner, it’s easy to think we are experts in our field and that we have reached the pinnacle of our success or learning abilities. But NOTHING could be further from the truth. I have four (4) degrees and I continuously set aside time each week to learn something new about either business or law. It’s refreshing and it keeps me on the cutting edge of what’s going on in my field. As a matter of fact, one of KLP’s corporate values is “continuous education” and that is why we have started to offer training classes for business organizations and groups.
My Story [based on my Firm or other business owners’ stories]
I have served on several non-profit boards. It is AMAZING how many non-profit boards (and corporate boards) do not understand that there is a LEGAL responsibility imposed on every Board member, non-profit or not, under the law. That’s why I prepared an audio powerpoint presentation to help start the discussion and guide board members about their legal responsibilities. It can be viewed at http://www.slideshare.net/kendricklaw/corporate-board-training and provides a helpful start to training in this area. KLP does offer in person classes and training that can be found under our “Business Legal POWER Session & Training” section on our website at www.kendricklaw.net. There are also other audio powerpoint presentations on a variety of business and legal topics on our slideshare account you should take a look at to empower yourself and your organization.
Example of how KLP lives up to its corporate value of “continuous education”:
Here is some examples of what I have heard from Georgia business owners:
1. We have a “Business Resources” section on our website with our latest enewsletter, forms, data, etc. for business owners at www.kendricklaw.net.
2. We have our audio power point presentations that you can listen to at your leisure as well as 1 page “White Papers” on specific legal contract terms at www.slideshare.net.
3. We have our blogs at www.kendricklaw.wordpress.com that give real world experiences and lessons to be learned as a business owner.
4. We have a monthly enewsletter that is filled with GREAT business articles, business legal tips, information, and more; and
5. We give out business information on our social media pages throughout the day every day. You can find those links at www.kendricklaw.net as well.
A few lessons to be learned: Call to action!
1. Sign up for our MONTHLY enewsletter AND follow us on social media that is filled with GREAT information through our website at www.kendricklaw.net.
2. Give KLP a call at (678) 739-8109 or visit us HERE to sign up for your FREE 15 minute phone consultation or 1-2 hour Business Legal POWER Session.
3. Hire Help! If you find that your attention is lacking in an area, hire us. We conduct training and classes so just give us a call or go online for more information.
**The “Legal Life Lessons” Series was started by Attorney Kendrick in 2012 as a way to showcase real life legal situations that either she has experienced or those within her networks have experienced. The goal is to move away from boring, white paper style discussions about the law and focus on creating comfortable conversations about real experiences in the life of Georgia business owners.**
DISCLAIMER: Kendrick Law Practice and its attorneys are ONLY authorized to practice law in Georgia and NO OTHER territory, state or country and therefore any and all legal advice is only applicable for businesses and individuals that reside and/or located in the State of Georgia. Additionally, please be advised that this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship unless there is a signed or electronically filed retainer agreement on file with the Firm.
Kendrick Law Practice, LLC – www.kendricklaw.net (practicing business law exclusively)
Keeping Georgia small businesses “IN business and OUT of Court”
P O Box 630, Lithonia, GA 30058 * (678) 739-8109
Mission Statement: To provide Georgia small businesses PASSION for and ACCESS to HIGHLY CUSTOMIZED and PERSONAL business advice AND legal counseling, including document drafting, document reviewing and negotiating services. View an audio presentation at http://www.slideshare.net/kendricklaw/why-klp-kendrick-law-practice.
Blogs at www.kendricklaw.wordpress.com
Slideshare at http://www.slideshare.net/kendricklaw