Why I LOVE the law (and why you should too!)
Each business owner has a story—something that makes them different than the next business and something that business owners should use as a branding and marketing mechanism to set them apart from their competition. Everyone loves a good story and you should make sure as a business owner you are telling your own so let me tell you mine; the story of how I become a lawyer and developed the concept for Kendrick Law Practice (www.kendricklaw.net).
I was born and raised in Georgia. My family has been in Georgia for as long as I can remember. Both of my parents were business owners—my dad is a subcontractor, a tile and marble installer and my mom had an in-home day care. I grew up in an entrepreneurial household and saw all the very happy and joyous times of owning a business as well as the hard and depressing times of owning a business.
Growing up I was able to learn first-hand the challenges and struggles that business owners go through on a daily basis—from cash flow management to client relationship management. Most importantly, I was able to analyze what was legally missing from my parents entrepreneurial endeavors and it was this—-access to a competent business attorney that would not only be affordable but would provide my parents with the security and piece of mind they needed.
KLP is born!
Upon entering UGA law, I briefly considered becoming a non-profit, civil rights attorney but quickly discovered where my talents and passion lay—-business law. After taking a few M.B.A. classes at the business school, I was IN LOVE with the idea of representing people just like my parents—-small business owners all over Georgia that needed SECURITY and ACCESS to COMPREHENSIVE legal services that were AFFORDABLE. The more classes I took that focused on corporate and business law the more I fell in love with the legal profession and the more excited I became about representing business owners in Georgia.
Why You Should Fall In Love (with the Law) With Me!
There are a few reasons why you should love the law as much as I do! Here’s why:
- Practicing law is a monopoly- That’s right! No one else can practice law in Georgia BUT licensed attorneys in good standing. Sure you can represent yourself but you CANNOT represent other people. To be licensed, law school graduates have to pass the dreaded Bar (*Que the scary music). This keeps every “Matlock wanna be” from holding themselves out as an attorney and ruining your legal standing.
- Justice is blind- There are those that would disagree with this premise but I obviously and rightfully believe in our justice system—I have to to work within its parameters everyday. The judges that I know all understand that the law MUST BE applied consistently across people, time and places in order to remain a strong remedy for our society’s wrongs.
- The Law is a civilized remedy- What I mean by this is that we no longer have to be in a State of Nature whereby every person deals with wrongs against them in their own way, including death. We are a nation of rules and laws that provide protections to each and every person as opposed to individuals taking matters into their own hands. It’s the American way!
DISCUSSION QUESTION: What is YOUR story that you share with others and gives you a competitive edge?
Why Kendrick Law Practice?- We SAVE you money by:
- Providing access to comprehensive legal AND business advice and consulting, creating value for
your company’s investment in us.
KLP’s Founder, Dar’shun Kendrick, holds a law degree and Master’s in Business
- Providing security through our three (3) point guarantee:
- “24 hour guarantee”- You will receive a phone call from an attorney within 24 business hours of submission your information through our website;
- “72 hour guarantee”- You will receive your document drafted or reviewed within 72 business hours after payment (or it’s FREE!) and
- “Dispute guarantee”- KLP will negotiate the terms of any document that we drafted or reviewed FOR FREE should a dispute arise (*Does NOT include litigation costs.).
- Providing predictability through our FLAT FEE pricing on most of our services. You know EXACTLY what you are paying for a completed document.