I have written two (2) blogs in the past about social media and their legal ramifications; they can be viewed at http://wp.me/p1JRPo-1b entitled “Staying Out of Social Media Trouble” and http://wp.me/p1JRPo-d “5 Social Media Mistakes and their Legal Consequences”.
Well now it is time to give you some practical tips about how to use the knowledge that you have learned about staying out of social media trouble and use it to expand your potential client base at the same time.
These tips come from Business Fitness Guru Dahna Chandler (@bizfitnessguru) from last week’s Legal Tweet Meet (#legaltweetmeet) which Kendrick Law Practice hosts every Thursday from 8-9 pm on twitter. Join us every Thursday (except next Thursday) from 8-9 pm on Twitter as we have a discussion and answer your legal questions at www.twitter.com/kendricklaw.
Presentation: Here we go!
Top 10 Tips for Being Social Media Fit in 2011.
1) Tip #1: Create a social media strategy with your audience in mind.
Be where they are, not just where you want to be on #SM (“social media”). #besocialmediafit
2) Tip #2: Understand the different #SM networks, platforms and tools. #besocialmediafit
Different #SM networks, tools and platforms have different purposes. Learn what each does.
3) Tip #3: Create #SM profiles w/ keyword optimization in mind.
You want you or your company/product to be among the first to appear in traditional and social search.
4) Tip #4: Read, train and learn constantly because #SM is always changing. #besocialmediafit
If you can, hire a coach or strategist to help you. http://bit.ly/tioBtx
5) Tip #5 Don’t just launch a social media profile and forget about it. #besocialmediafit
Create a #SM calendar to maintain it. Otherwise, you may kill your #SM cred.
6) Tip #6: Learn #SM terminology. What is a hashtag? Circles? A tweet chat? A timeline?
What is the purpose of each and how do I use these effectively? #besocialmediafit
7) Tip #7: Remember, #SM is about ENGAGEMENT, not PROMOTION. #besocialmediafit
You’re on social media to create relationships w/clients that lead to biz, not just to talk about you.
8) Tip #8: You must add value to the lives of your #SM constituents or lose their interest.
Be helpful, provide useful content, solve problems, cure pain. #besocialmediafit
9) Tip #9: Be careful what you say and do on #SM bc even ‘personal’ profiles are ‘business’ profiles.
If you alienate people, you’re toast, unless you fix your gaffe FAST.
Know how to fix #SM mistakes. #besocialmediafit
10) Tip #10: People buy from people they know, like and trust—from whom they matter.
Be likeable on #SM and you’ll drive profits there. #besocialmediafit
11) BONUS Tip: Know the legal ramifications of using #SM so you stay IN biz, OUT of court!
Discussion Question: What was your favorite social media tip and why?
DISCLAIMER: Kendrick Law Practice is only authorized to practice law in the State of Georgia. Any and all posts on this blog only pertain and are applicable to Georgia based businesses and no other jurisdiction or territory. Only Georgia based business owners are entitled to rely on its legal advice.
Why Kendrick Law Practice?- We SAVE you money by:
- Providing access to comprehensive legal AND business advice and consulting, creating value for
your company’s investment in us.
KLP’s Founder, Dar’shun Kendrick, holds a law degree and Master’s in Business
- Providing security through our three (3) point guarantee:
- “24 hour guarantee”- You will receive a phone call from an attorney within 24 business hours of submission your information through our website;
- “72 hour guarantee”- You will receive your document drafted or reviewed within 72 business hours after payment (or it’s FREE!) and
- “Dispute guarantee”- KLP will negotiate the terms of any document that we drafted or reviewed FOR FREE should a dispute arise (*Does NOT include litigation costs.).
- Providing predictability through our FLAT FEE pricing on most of our services. You know EXACTLY what you are paying for a completed document.